$250 POWDER COATING OF LOCKER in BLACK, OD, or TAN
- Steel panels only
- Hardware (bolts, D-rings) remains zinc-plated steel
$350 POWDER COATING OF LOCKER in CUSTOM COLOR
- Hundreds available
- Photo at right shows a custom brown color
$ 60 EXTRA SPARE TIRE with mounting U-bolt
- Identical to the spare mounted on tongue (included)
- You easily can drill two 3/8" holes for the U-bolt anywhere on the MULE's panels and mount more spares
$ 25 LIGHTWEIGHT JACK (installed)
- Swings out of the way
- Caster wheel can be mounted to the base (not incl.)
$125 CUSTOM STOP-TURN-TAIL LIGHT SYSTEM
Most States will require lights or reflectors for road use. Due to varying laws and owner preferences, we do not include a standard set of trailer lights, but we offer a fully integrated system.
Our custom-designed stop-turn-tail light system magnetically attaches to the trailer backside between the caster wheels, with the electrical lines shrouded in cable tubing, and running forward (also magnetically secured) along the underside to the tongue/coupler assembly.
This system does NOT need to be removed for storage in vertical locker mode, as the lights/lines are recessed and protected in the base. They can be installed in minutes, and uninstalled quickly as well. Comes with a flat 4-pin connector.
$ 15 SAFETY CHAINS (installed)
Safety chains (rated to 2,000 gross weight) attach coupler to tow vehicle hitch, and may be required for legally driving on Government roads.
$ 15 COUPLER HANDLE (installed)
Handle bolted to the left side of the coupler makes it easier and more comfortable to lift the tongue and maneuver it into position.
$ 40 MUDFLAPS (pair)
Mudflaps/splashguards may be required for road-legal travel in your State (they are in MN). These mudflaps secure magnetically to the underside of the MULE in locker mode, aligned to two sets of bolt shafts through which retaining clips are pinned. In vertical locker mode, the mudflaps can attach out of the way, anywhere on the locker or frame.
$ 40 BEARING PROTECTORS (installed)
If you intend to use your MULE routinely (and we hope you do!) it will be wise to order bearing protectors in place of the hub grease caps. Bearing protectors such as the "Bearing Buddy" model BB1980A-SS enable you to monitor and replenish the grease in your hub. Click on photo to go to Bearing Buddy website for info.
$ 20 HITCH PIN RETAINING CHAINS (installed)
Keeps the clips attached to the pin handle; installed on all pins.
$ 50 VEHICLE RAMPS
The transition of the MULE between trailer and locker modes can be accomplished by manpower alone, but vehicle ramps make it extremely simple and easy. Ramps nest together for storage and are lightweight but very strong (12,000 lbs). Hook a cargo strap or rope to the bottom of the frame, in order to keep the bottom from rolling backward on the caster wheels, and then simply push on the tongue or frame extension to move into locker mode .
$ 130 WAGAN POWER DOME EX
Great short-term outdoors or emergency accessory, w/ battery power, jumper cables, air compressor, light, USB, and radio. Click on photo to go to Wagan manufacturer website.
$ 80 CARGO CARRIER 48"x20"
- Fits into back end of MULE frame (1-1/4" receiver) , and comes with a 2" hitch adapter for use on trucks/SUVs.
- Use of two cam buckle straps (below) is recommended to tighten each side to the back end of the MULE and minimize lateral movement
- Click on photo to go to manufacturer website.
$ 15 Cam buckle tie down straps (pack of 4)
- 6' long and 1" wide, good for securing the cargo carrier to the back end, or gear on the top of the MULE with topside D-rings.
- Click on photo to go to manufacturer website.
Let us know your preferences:
$TBD STEEL SIDE BOXES
- A pair of lockable boxes will run the full length of the MULE on both sides, about the size of a standard gym locker, mounted flush with the top surface and extending from the locker sides over the tires. They will increase storage volume and offer quick-access, with a door that opens to create a work surface.
$TBD INTERNAL CONTAINERS
- Soft gun cases, military-grade fuel cans, water cans, waterproof dry bags, waterproof ammo cans, backpacks, plastic storage bins, etc.
$TBD SECURITY PACKAGE: "KEYED-ALIKE" LOCKS and HITCH PINS
- Standard hitch pins are drilled out slightly to enable the use of Master Lock padlocks, all keyed alike, so that you only need one key to secure your MULE. Total quantity is nine...one locked pin secures each axle assembly, one for the tongue/coupler at the frame connection, one for your vehicle hitch, and two spare pins/locks for any frame-mounted accessories (cargo carrier, bike rack). Three additional locks are included for the coupler ball lock, spare tire lock (with cable), and the door/lid lock.
$TBD FLAT-BED UTILITY CONVERSION KIT
- Steel angle attachments and bolts
- You buy a plywood sheet
- MULE stop-turn-tail light system
magnetically attaches to steel angles
$TBD TRAILER ONLY
- Second trailer frame and modules, for a full-time flatbed?
$TBD EXTENDED TONGUE/COUPLER ASSEMBLY
- Enables top carriage of long equipment, such as kayaks, canoes, etc.
- Drive-on, drive-off--for winter use, especially behind ATV or snowmobile
$TBD Electromagnetic pulse (EMP) resistance
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual." (Thomas Jefferson)